A great opportunity to acquire a traditional cottage set on a fertile plot of land with 2,160m2, with olive trees and a vineyard, close to Vila Nova de Poiares and the medieval city of Coimbra in central Portugal. Excellent location.
- 87 m2 footprint
- On the ground floor there are several storerooms, a cellar, a traditional bread oven and stables for the cattle which once stayed at the farrier’s to be shoed.
- On the upper floor there are a kitchen, a bathroom, 3 small bedrooms and a living room.
- Part of the property is on the edge of the N 17 road (Estrada da Beira).
- The house is habitable but in need of refurbishment.
- 2,160 m2 of fertile land with olive trees
- Suitable for organic farming, permaculture or a small agroforestry project with fruit and vegetable crops as well as kitchen/medicinal herbs
- Water for land irrigation is supplied by a communal water mine and supply depends on the number of hours required.
- Access to all amenities, petrol stations, banks, post offices and supermarkets in Vila Nova de Poiares (11 km / 14min away)
- The property is located by the N17 Road ( Estrada da Beira) and between the villages of Barreiro and Vale de Tronco, in the municipality of Vila Nova de Poiares, Coimbra district.
- Vila Nova de Poiares – 11 km ( 14 minutes)
- Coimbra – 33 km ( 35 minutes )
- Close to the old N2 Road
- Easy access to the A1 motorway for easy travel to Lisbon (240 km / 2h 20m) or Porto (140 km / 1 ½ hours).
- The property is located on a hillside, about 1 km from the Alva River.
Traces of human occupation going back to antiquity can be found very close to the property, namely the megalithic dolmen in Alto de São Pedro Dias and the Gothic-style Mucela Bridge built during the reign of D.Dinis in the 13th century.