A fantastic opportunity to acquire a smallholding located on the edge of Serra da Estrela Natural Park, in the village of Andorinha, municipality of Oliveira do Hospital, Coimbra district, perfect for organic farming, permaculture or agroforestry with fruit and vegetable crops as well as kitchen/medicinal herbs. A must see!
- Traditional Portuguese style
- 100 m2 footprint
- A kitchen
- A living room
- Two bedrooms
- A bathroom
- An attic
- Patio with 190 m2 and several outbuildings for storage, including an old traditional oven and an old stable, with 90 m2 total footprint
- The land has a total area of approximately 5 hectares (50,000 m2) and surrounds the dwelling place, with dirt roads for access to the buildings and to the land.
- Mixed plot with pine forest and scrubland, vineyards, olive groves, many fruit trees, wells and a ruin
- There is a small café in the village of Andorinha as well as a restaurant and a petrol station 5 kms away in Midões.
- Most amenities and services such as banks, post office and large supermarkets, can be found in the large town of Oliveira do Hospital only 9 km (13 minutes) from the property
- Coimbra – 74 kms (an hour away)
- Access to the A1 motorway, via the IC6 to Coimbra, to travel to Lisbon (274 km / 2 ¾ hours) or Porto (176 km / 1h55m).
Traces of human occupation going back to antiquity can be found very close to this property, such as the Pinheiro dos Abraços and Arcaínha dolmens.
Ancient Rome also left its own legacy in this region in the ruins and the Roman amphitheatre in Bobadela.
Viewing highly recommended.