Cottage for sale in a small schist village with about 15 residents, in central Portugal, with stunning mountain views and surrounded by peace and tranquility yet with good access to all services and amenities.
This property is ideally located for Nature lovers and those interested in water sports. In fact, “water” is the key word here when describing a region where water is aplenty in local hot spas, beaches, springs, ponds and waterfalls! Its proximity of the River Ocresa (reservoir of the Pracana dam) and the River Tagus (reservoir of the Fratel dam) complete this regional picture of water abundance!
For more information about the local region, please visit:
However, the positive features of this property are not limited to its ideal and stunning location: the cottage on offer also has huge potential. The buildings are set on a plot with approximately 1,500 m2 and the cottage is in habitable condition. Additionally, the several annexes and outbuildings also offer a myriad of building solutions to the potential buyer.
- Two-storey house with 70 m2 footprint
- Kitchen with fireplace
- A living room
- 3 bedrooms
- 1 bathroom
- Attic with window – ½ to ⅔ of the loft space can be used due to its good ceiling height, so a loft conversion is possible.
- Garage with 30 m2
- A storeroom with 15 m2
- Another storeroom adjacent to the house with 15 m2
- Annex with two doors, a fireplace and a large traditional oven
- Pigsties with 12 m2
- The South East-facing land boundary is limited by a 25 m long water line.
- This plot of land has a tank with water from a natural spring which is not located on the property.
- The plot has 2 terraces and about 10 fruit and olive trees.
- Pego da Rainha (https://www.rotasdemacao.pt/pt/know/o-que-visitar/4058-pego-da-rainha/ ) – 600 m
- Pego das Bruxas – 800 m
- River Ocreza (Pracana Dam Reservoir) – 1 km
- Tagus River (Fratel Dam) – 4,5 km
- Envendos (“Loja do Cidadao”, cafés, restaurants, shops, etc.) – 5 km
- A23 junction – 7,3 km
- Carvoeiro River Beach– 12 km
- Mação– 20 km
- Abrantes – 37 km
- Castelo Branco – 50 km
- Serra da Estrela – 100 km
- Nazaré – 150 km
- Lisbon – 180 km