A great opportunity to acquire a smallholding comprising a stone cottage set on over an acre of fertile farmland, water aplenty, Mediterranean strawberry trees, many mature fruit trees, a vineyard and an olive grove, great access roads and close to all amenities! A must see!
The built area
- The built area has 130 m2 and comprises the cottage and the storerooms which can also be converted for residential purposes.
- A porch, with an area of 8 m2 and a concrete ceiling, leads to the living room and kitchen.
- A kitchen with about 15 m2, a fireplace, an exit to the garden and a door to the house
- Three bedrooms
- Living room with a door to the exterior
- The bedrooms and living room are part of the main building.
- Traditional gabled roof
- Mains electricity and water
- Internet and landline easy to connect
- Total area – 70 m2
- The storerooms comprise two rooms on the ground floor of the main cottage and three rooms in an annex with its own gabled roof. These storerooms are partially built in the natural rock underground.
- A tank in the cellar once used for crushing grapes
- A bread oven
- A gallery excavated in the rock gives access to the water mine/ well (a quite extraordinary and unique structure we have never seen before!)
- More storage and space to house animals
- Total area – 25 m2
- With a side door entrance and a garage gate
Outbuilding (to support farming activities)
- With 10 m2, two rooms and a toilet.
- Total area – 4,687 m2
- Two entrances to the property, the first through a dense forest of strawberry trees, pine trees and cork oaks with about 1,000 m2, and the second on a tarmacked road leading to several terraces with a very gentle slope.
- Very sunny and airy
- Water tank
- More than 100 grape vines grown on a vertical trellis and on a pergola
- Many mature fruit trees such as apple, pear, orange, fig, loquat, peach, quince and plum trees
- 2 large chestnut trees
- A lemon tree
- Many Mediterranean trawberry trees
- Olive trees producing between 80 and 100 litres of olive oil per year
- A laurel tree
- Close to all services and amenties in Sertã
- Excellent access roads
- Close to many local river beaches such as Marmeleiro, Ribeira da Sertã, Trízio, Troviscal, etc.
- The River Zêzere (Castelo de Bode Lake) is just 5 km away
- To find out more about all the local cultural, historical and architectural attractions as well as regional dishes, please visit:
https://turismo.cm-serta.pt/ or https://turismodocentro.pt/concelho/serta/
- Café/minimarket – 700 m
- IC8 – 850 m
- Sertã – 4 km
- Cernache do Bonjardim – 6 km
- Castelo Branco – 50 min
- Coimbra – 50 min
- Ocean beaches (Vieira de Leiria) – 1 ½ hours
- Lisbon – 2 hours