A great opportunity to acquire a quaint 19th century stone cottage in Sardoal, a beautiful medieval town in central Portugal, within walking distance of all services and amenities yet only a few minutes away from stunning river beaches and beautiful countryside. In view of its location in the town of Sardoal, popular for its cultural events and with the pilgrims using the N2 Road, this is an ideal property for residential purposes and/or as a buy-to-let. A must see!
- A 200 year old stone cottage in habitable condition and good decorative order
- Located in a quiet residential area in the historic small town of Sardoal
- All original features, traditional decor and colour scheme
- 2 storey building with attic
- Beautiful garden
- Great views
- Front entrance and backstreet access through a backyard
- Many beautiful period features and details
For more information about the area, please visit:
https://www.rotan2.pt/ http://turismo.cm-sardoal.pt/ https://turismodocentro.pt/concelho/sardoal/
- A total area of 264 m2 (built area + uncovered area)
- A built area of 108 m2, plus the attic and some annexes which could be renovated
- Entrance hall with wood paneled ceiling, a staircase to the first floor and entrance to the storerooms
- Three rooms once used as storage space, a wine cellar and to house animals.
- Suspended timber floors throughout with the exception of the bathroom
- Wood paneled ceilings, doors, windows and cabinets painted in the green, blue and buttercream colours typical of the Victorian era.
- The bathroom, built in the 1960s, has a concrete ceiling and hydraulic mosaic floor tiles.
- Living room
- Kitchen with fireplace and doors opening to the corridors and the balcony
- Four bedrooms
- Corridor with staircase to the ground floor
- Balcony with access to the kitchen and stairs leading to the garden
- Large open space
- High ceiling
- Suitable for use as storage space or for a loft conversion.
- An annex is located below the bathroom and has a concrete ceiling.
- The other is a brick building, with a clay-tiled roof and a chicken coop.
The Garden Area
- Ten mature trees: olive and orange trees and a lemon tree, some shrubs.
- Airy space which could also be gated and used for parking. The cottage faces a garden square where there is also plenty of space for parking.
The property is located in the historic Sardoal town centre, a town well known for its architectural heritage and its many cultural events.
The excellent local road network makes for fast and easy travel to any part of the country hence exploring the region can be effortlessly done. Sardoal’s proximity to the Tejo and Zêzere Rivers (as well as several local streams) also allows quick access to many river beaches.
- Loja do Cidadão ( tax office and other services) – 60 mly
- Cafés/restaurants/grocery shop – 70 m
- Bank – 70 m
- Pharmacy – 80 m
- Cinema/theatre – 110 m
- Town centre (town hall, library, cafés, restaurants, local shops, etc) – 150 m
- GP surgery – 300 m
- Schools – 600 m
- Municipal swimming pools – 900 m
- N2 Road – 1,5 km
- N 358 Road – 1,8 km
- A23 Road (North Abrantes Junction) 7 km
- Abrantes – 10 min
- Tomar – 25 min
- Ocean beaches (Nazaré) – 1 hour
- Coimbra – 1h 10 min
- Lisbon – 1 ½ hours
- River beaches – between 10 (Lapa) and 15 minutes away (river beaches of the Zêzere River, Tagus River and local streams).