A fantastic opportunity to acquire a traditional 2 storey, 3 bed stone cottage, already renovated and in habitable condition, located in a small schist village in central Portugal, near Proença a Nova, in the district of Castelo Branco. This property has everything you could wish for: beautiful views of the surrounding countryside, a peaceful country setting and a spacious cottage offering a wide range of indoor and outdoor facilities attesting to its enormous potential for any project. In fact, it offers the best of both worlds for those who seek the tranquility of country living yet wish to be close to all services and amenities in the town of Proença a Nova, a mere 5-minute drive from the property. A must see!
- A total area of almost 1,500 m2
- Peaceful location and clean air!
- Many olive trees and some fruit trees
- Water aplenty
- Fertile soil
- Sheds, barbecue area, kennels, cellar
- Walled front entrance with patio area
- Very thick stone walls
- The house was once a farmer’s cottage and the layout testify to this. However, if need be, renovation work can be undertaken to make it more compatible to the demands of modern living.
- Ready to move in, just needs painting and decorating and maybe a new fitted kitchen
- Connected to mains electricity, water and telephone line.
- Not connected to mains sewage (not available in the village) but the property has a septic tank.
- The roof, with four sloping sides, is in perfect condition.
- Borehole and mains water
Ground floor – 84 m2 + 16 m2 (cellar)
- Two bedrooms
- Living room
- Kitchen with fireplace with an adjoining area which was once an annex
- Front door opens into a corridor and the back entrance into the kitchen.
- Independent access to the cellar
First floor (84 m2)
- Large living room
- Bedroom with ensuite bathroom
Walled patio area
- House and patio total footprint – 400 m2
- Clay tiled awning with 16 m2
- Barbecue area (previous the old pigsty), enclosed and covered, with 16 m2
- Kennels and chicken coops with a total area close to 20 m2, all in excellent condition, with iron cages
- Space to park two or three cars
- Sunny plot crossed by streamlet
- Borehole (with pump in good working condition)
- Tank with 10 m2 (2.5 X 2.5 X 1.5 m with 10,000 L total capacity)
- Olive trees, apple trees, cherry trees, kiwi trees, fig trees, etc.
Ideally located in a very beautiful region of Portugal and still very rural, close to several river beaches and to many interesting landmarks to visit.
For more information about the region, please visit the following sites:
- Proença a Nova (for all services and amenities such as hospital, schools, restaurants, banks, etc.) – 5 min
- Sertã – ½ hour
- Castelo Branco – 40 min
- Abrantes – 50 min
- Coimbra – 1 hour
- Leiria – 1 ½ min
- Lisboa – 2 hours