A great opportunity to acquire a property with enormous potential, in the perfect location for a variety of different projects! It comprises land and a stone house which has already undergone some renovation work over the years. This could be the basis for an interesting project for either residential use, rural tourism or both. At only 1 km away from the Castelo Bode Lake (as the crow flies), it offers an easy access to the lake for water sports and swimming, to a good road network (the N2, A 23 and the N358 roads to name but a few) and to the towns of Abrantes and Tomar. It further offers the complete peace and traquility of a Portuguese small village. away from the hustle and bustle of urban areas. Access is by a tarred road in good condition. Great value!
- This property has a large built-up area which can be further increased. The local authority has informally indicated that building plans to extend the property would be allowed. On request, we can provide potential buyers with the PIP, the document issued by the local planning department giving this information.
- To carry this or any other building plans through, these will still have to be submitted to the local planning department for official approval.
- Total area – 117 m2
- A medium-sized living room with tiled floor and fireplace
- 5 bedrooms
- Kitchen with doors opening to the terrace and a large fireplace
- 1 bathroom
- Total area – 85 m2
- Suitable for a loft conversion – 70 to 80% usable space with adequate ceiling height
- Access to the attic area is from the inside of the house but exterior access could be implemented for an independent accommodation unit.
- A total area of 32 m2 and superb country views
- The basement has a cellar with 40 m2 and stone walls, covered by the 100 m2 terrace concrete slab. This structure could be enclosed and given other uses.
- Jutting out from the rear of the house and with an area of 150 m2, this reinforced concrete slab was designed to support a house extension which has not been completed.
- From this extension, there is already access to the kitchen, to the outside area, to the basement through an existing staircase and, eventually, to the the attic.
Land (next to the house)
- A plot with 2,120 m2
- Part of this plot is in a buildable area; installing two wooden bungalows and a swimming pool were part of the building plans of the actual owners.
- There is a water tank, some fruit trees and some pine trees at the top of the hill.
Land (with a water mine and a well)
- Located about 500 m from the house, with a total area of 3,800 m2
- This plot comprises 2/3 of pine and eucalyptus forest and 1/3 (1,300 m2) of arable land ideal for irrigated crops (in view of the abundance of water available).
- Water sources: 1) A well in brick with 4 m diameter and 3 m deep, 2) A water spring with a small dam.
- . This plot of land is included in the sale because the spring and the well supply water to the house and the whole property.
- Castelo de Bode Lake – 2 km
- Nearest café – 2 km
- Carvalhal (supermarkets, cashpoint, pharmacy, cafés, GP surgery, etc.) – 3 km
- N 358 Road (Tomar is 25 min away) – 3 km
- N2 Road – 7,5 km
- Sardoal – 7,5 km
- Abrantes – 15 min
- Lisbon – 1 ½ hours
- Nazare– 1 ¼ hour