GoRustico is very proud to market this imposing and large period property, built in the 1950s, situated at the entrance to a small village. The main house has two floors, a beautiful hipped roof, more than ten windows with wooden shutters and a large glazed veranda with superb wide open views of the surrounding countryside: the village and the 6,924 m2 olive grove that belongs to the house. A real gem at a fantastic price!
- The house has been empty for a few years but it is habitable. Nevertheless, some painting and decorating as well as some repairs are needed.
- This house was built with high-quality materials and shows beautiful construction details.
- In view of the number of rooms, this property is suitable for residential or business use and many other projects.
- Mains sewage, mains electricity and mains water and telefone line available
- The property is entered through a large iron gate into a walled inner courtyard with 90 m2 and concrete floor, giving access to the main house whose wooden front door, sheltered by a porch, leads into a beautiful entrance hall tiled with patterned antique cement tiles.
- Across this entrance hall, a corridor leads to a stone extension to the main house where the dining room, the kitchen with a fireplace, 3 storerooms and a cellar are located. This extension has a total area of 90 m2.
- The ground floor has four entrances in total: the main entrance, the back door across the entrance hall and two exits to the inner courtyard from the kitchen and the dining room in the extension area.
- A total area of 136 m2 over 2 floors which includes the 16 m2 glazed veranda
- A bathroom (next to the veranda)
- 6 bedrooms
- Living room with fireplace
- Loft with a hatch for access from one of the top floor bedrooms. Its height is not sufficient for a loft conversion.
- Two corridors
- Another storeroom
- Two stone storage rooms with separate entrances and a total area of 51 m2
- Outdoor kitchen (former bakery) with two large stone storage rooms, a bathroom, separate entrances and access to the back of the house
- Chicken Coops.
- Sunny plot with 6,924 m2
- Good fertile soil ideal for farming
- Water aplenty
- Barn with 18 m2 and a roof still in good condition. This roof once had an overhang with about 20 m2 and the remains of the two stone columns are still standing. This structure is visible on the land registry maps, so re-erecting it should, in principle, be possible but the local council must be consulted.
- More than 60 olive trees
- Many fruit trees (loquat, fig, quince, etc.)
- Some cork oaks
- Two wells
At the entrance to a village with excellent access roads.
- Café, pharmacy and weekly farmers’ market – only 5 minutes away
- Sardoal and access to the N2 Junction – 12 minutes
- Abrantes (with access to the A23) – 20 minutes
- Lisbon – 1 ½ hours
- Ocean beaches – 1 ½ hours
- River beaches (Tagus, Zêzere and local rivers) – a minute (Praia Fluvial da Rosa Mana) to 30 minutes away
For more information about the region, please visit:
https://turismodocentro.pt/concelho/sardoal/ or http://turismo.cm-sardoal.pt/