A great opportunity to purchase a beautiful Portuguese country house, built in stone at the turn of last century but tastefully renovated. It was originally a family home with a grocery store and a bar. Renovated sympathetically and with great care and respect for the original building, the renovation project was nonetheless conceived to meet the demands of more modern lifestyles, with comfortable and spacious living areas. From the covered balcony at the back of the house, the wonderful view of the garden and surrounding landscape give a sense of peace, tranquility and of the complete privacy of this setting. Viewing highly recommended!
- Light and airy property with sixteen windows and several entrances
- Beautiful wooden ceilings, tiled floors and timber floors throughout
- A property offering the best of both worlds: the possibility of living in a small peaceful village, in the perfect rural setting, yet minutes away from the village centre and close to many central destinations.
- Excellent regional road network for good access to the nearest city, to Lisbon airport, Spain or anywhere in the country
- At only 1,4 km from the Tagus River (as the crow flies), 3 km from the Alvega and close to many other local river beaches. See more at https://turismodocentro.pt/concelho/abrantes/ or http://cm-abrantes.pt/.
- Ideal property for residential use and/or a rural tourism project
- The property is completely fenced and has three different entrance gates.
- Sold part furnished
- Built-up area: 220 m2
- Habitable space :162 m2
- Ground floor and basement
- 12 rooms
- Basement with 40 m2
- Carport with 30 m2
- 2 rooms with a fireplace
- 3 ensuite bedrooms
- Large fitted Kitchen
- Outdoor kitchen with access from the balcony
- The basement could be turned into separate accommodation with access through the main entrance of the house or through the back garden.
- Own bathroom
- With an area of approximately 1,900 m2
- A hundred year old olive trees
- Very large European nettle trees
- An ancient almond tree
- Cork oaks
- Many fruit trees
- Many ornamental trees
- Herb and flower garden
- Many interesting garden nooks showing the dedication, the creativity and good taste of the actual owners.
- Large tank
- Village centre (small supermarket, cashpoint, cafés, etc.) – ¼ km
- Alvega River Beach – 3 km
- A23 Mouriscas Junction– 6 km
- Abrantes (local hospital, schools, shopping area, A23, railway stations, etc) – ¼ hour
- Spain/Portalegre – ¾ hour
- Lisbon – 1 ½ hours
- Nazare – 1 ¼ hours