A great opportunity to acquire a mid-19th century house renovated and extended in the 1970s. Located in inviting and stunning rural surroundings, in a typical village in the foothills of Bandos Mountains in central Portugal, here you will be able to breathe the invigorating fresh mountain air and experience a simple country lifestyle but only 6 kms away from the small town of Mação for access to all amenities and services. A must see!
- The property offers a myriad of solutions with many areas to use, adapt and convert.
- Total area: 500 m2
- Large hall with high ceilings and approximately 80 m2 which may be used as living space or as an office, workspace or workshop. It is currently used to store farming equipment including a tractor, firewood, etc.
- 85 m2 footprint
- 4 rooms
- Kitchen / storage.
- The garage was built on an old house carved out of solid natural rock (the basement) and has an area of 12 m2
- 12 m2 terrace
- Old kitchen with 12 m2 located in the basement
- An area of 20 m2 previously use as a rabbit hutch
- 2 brick chicken coops with about 7 m2 and 20 m2 respectively
Well and Tank
- Well with water wheel and large tank (20 m2). These are shared with three other owners as it was traditionally done by our ancestors. You can use the tank as a small swimming pool (20 m2).
- Mains electricity, water and sewage
- Phone line
Services and Amenities
- The village has two cafés.
- There are itinerant vans who supply the local village with bakery goods, fish, meat, vegetables, fruits, etc.
- Transport to the village is provided by the local council on request.
- The village is just minutes away from several viewpoints, a picnic area, a lake and a paragliding trail.
- Located on a mountain with fantastic views but where access to several river beaches is also quick and easy.
- See and explore at http://cm-macao.pt/
- Cafés – 400 meters
- Mação (for all services and amenities) – 6 km
- A 23 (Mação Junction) – 14 km
- Lisbon – 1 ¾ hours