A great opportunity to purchase an old stone cottage for renovation, with a beautiful plot of land, built in the latter half of the 19th century, in the vernacular and functional style typical of the rural properties of a time when life was centred predominantely around farming activities. This is a property full of potential for a restoration/renovation project, with a very large building area. In view of the diversity of possible design solutions, this is an architect’s dream ! A lovely property in a beautiful location!
- Located on the edge of a small village but in a private location, offering the best of both worlds: the tranquility of the Portuguese countryside and excellent road access to the nearest small town of Sardoal.
- Good access to the A 23 and the N 2 Roads
- Total footprint -180 m2
- Total habitable area – 112 m2 over two floors, the ground floor and first floor, with a total of 5 rooms
- Inner courtyard with an area of 22 m2
- A stone annex with na area of 46 m2, three rooms and two doors
- Stone outbuildings once used as animal shelters with an approximate area of 40 m2, a door to the outside area and another leading to inside of the cottage.
- Bakery with 10 m2 and two traditional wood-fired ovens
- Plot of land – 3,760 m2
- 70 m river frontage
- Fertile soil for farming
- Several fruit trees
- Sunny south-facing position
- Completely unobstructed views
- Mains electricity and water nearby
- The café at the village leisure centre opens at the weekend
- Another local café, located ½ km from the property, is open every day.
- Small supermarket with coffee shop – 2,5 km from the property
- River beaches (along the Zêzere and Tejo rivers and other local rivers) – 10 to 25 minutes
- N 2 Road- 3.5 km
- Sardoal (for all services and amenities) – 9 km
- Abrantes (A 23 North Abrantes Junction) – 14 km
- Lisbon – 1 ½ hours
- Ocean beaches (Nazaré) – 1 ¼ hours
Please click on the link below for more information on the historical small town of Sardoal and our local area.