A great opportunity to acquire a plot of arable land with 1,3 hectares, once used to grow vegetable and fruit crops but abandoned for decades now. This is the right plot of land for nature lovers, unafraid of accepting a challenge to reforest land and bring it back to its former glory. A beautiful nature spot searching for new guardians!
- 1 km from the nearest village, access is via a dirt road mostly in reasonable condition.
- A total area of 13,000 m2
- Stone barn with 35 m2 (in ruins)
- Near 140 metres of river frontage. When we first visited this property on the 2nd September, 2020 the streamflow was good, so we expect there to be water all year round.
- Water spring on the property, according to the information received from seller.
- A riverside terrace with 1,500 m2 with alluvial soil excellent for crop growing. The remaining terrain is on a slope ranging between a 13% grade in the valley and a 40% slope on the hillside.
- Some cork oaks and riverside trees
- Huge potential to implement a reforestation project with native species: oaks, arbutus unedo or strawberry trees and aromatic herbs on the slope, an orchard and vegetable garden on the terrace. Prior to this, the young eucalyptus trees on this plot should be uprooted and eradicated (cost: 900 €/ha).
- The barn can be renovated/rebuilt, and by taking advantage of the abundance of water on this property, a leisure area by the stream could be created, with a natural pond for crop irrigation and to attract wildlife.
- As the property is in a forested area, we recommend that a fire plan is put in place. The abundance of water and the size of the property are favourable factors, making it easy to create fire breaks and maybe to install sprinklers.
- Casal Pedro Maia – 1 km
- Presa (local café and grocery store) – 1,5 km
- Santa Clara (pharmacy, farmers’ market, doctor’s surgery) – 2 km
- Sardoal (for all amenities and services such as banks, restaurants, bars, cafés, cinema, swimming pools, schools, etc) – 15 min
- Abrantes – 25 min
- Tomar – 40 min
- Lisbon – 1 ¾ hour
- Ocean beaches (Nazaré) – 1 ½ hours