A great opportunity to acquire a ruin in central Portugal of what was once a two-storey typical rural cottage, built at the turn of the 20th Century, with solid stone walls, in peaceful sunny and airy rural location with open wide views of the surrounding rolling hills, fields and valleys yet only a few minutes from basic services. Ideal reconstruction project!
Please note this is only a ruin. However, this property once had the following:
- 3 bedrooms
- A living room
- A kitchen
- A balcony on the first floor with an exterior stone stairwell to the ground floor
- A layout typical of old rural Portuguese cottages, functional in its design, where the ground floor was the designate space for livestock and to store food (e.g. grains, wine, olive oil, etc) and the first floor the dwelling place.
- The cottage has an area of 120 m2 over two floors and is set on 2,700 m2 of arable land with a 20-metre street frontage for easy parking
- Electricity and water mains nearby
- 5 km from the N2 national road
- Only 10 minutes away from the historical village of Sertã
- Easy access to the Zêzere (Castelo de Bode dam and lake) and Sertã river beaches nearby
- Cumeada (petrol station, café, grocery store, etc) – 5 minutes
- Sertã (for all services and amenities) – 10 minutes
- Sardoal – 30 minutes
- Abrantes – 35 minutes
- Lisbon – 1 ¾ hours
- Coimbra – 1 hour
- Tomar – 1 hour
A great opportunity!