A great opportunity to acquire an old ground floor stone cottage in reasonably good condition, in a small village in central Portugal, in peaceful surroundings but not total isolation. Only ½ km from Rosa Mana River beach (http://turismo.cm-sardoal.pt/index.php/pt/caracterizacao/historia/116-outros-pontos-de-interesse/295-rosa-mana), this property is both suitable as your permanent home or as a holiday cottage.
- Ground floor cottage with front terrace
- Stone barns in ruins, which can be rebuilt or renovated, attached to the house
- Back yard with 680 m2
- A separate buildable plot with 960 m2
House and Garden
- 116 m2 footprint
- Living room
- Three bedrooms
- Main kitchen
- Another kitchen at the rear of the house with a small fireplace
- One bathroom
- Terrace with about 90 m2, with marble flooring and gate to the street, which can be used for private parking.
- The adjacent barns with a total footprint of 30 m2 (one of them once had plastered walls) could be used as extra living space or as an extension to the cottage.
- The garden is large enough for growing vegetables, has a water spring and very fertile soil. There is a water tank next to the house.
- Mains water and electricity
- Sceptic tank
- Only a few minutes from the village of Sardoal and all local services and amenities: schools, swimming pools, cafés, restaurants, banks, town hall, grocery shops, tax office, etc.
- The small village, where this cottage is located, also has a café/grocery shop and a pharmacy nearby. At the weekly Santa Clara farmers’ market, you can buy local produce and artisan bread, cakes and handicrafts.
- Café / grocery store – 700 meters
- Sardoal – 12 minute-drive
- N2 Road – 10 minutes
- A 23 motorway (Abrantes North junction) – 20 minutes
- Lisbon – 1 ¾ hours
- Ocean beaches – 1 ½ hours
- Tejo / Zêzere river beaches and other close-by streams where to swim safely – between 1 (Rosa Mana) 30 minutes