A unique opportunity to acquire a country property in excellent location with unobstructed views of a brook and only a couple of minutes from Castelo de Bode Lake and Penedo Furado river beach. This is the perfect property where to fulfil your dream of living in the Portuguese countryside away from the hustle and bustle of city life or to enjoy as a holiday home. A large house offering many possibilities in terms or space organisation and renovation.
- Vernacular architecture, typical of Portuguese old country cottages, built over the years to respond with pragmatic solutions to family needs as they arose (e.g. extensions, more sheds, etc).
- The oldest part of the property was built in stone but brick extensions were added probably in the 60s / 70s, among them a cellar, sheds, storerooms and chicken coops.
- A total approximate area of 150 m2
- 6 rooms
- Old kitchen with large traditional fireplace
- A living room
- A bathroom
- A large yard with 140 m2 with chicken coops, a bread oven, sheds, with various covered and uncovered areas
- In need of renovation work and updating
- A total area of 2,700 m2
- 1 700 m2 of land surrounding the house with six sunny East-facing terraces with olive trees, fruit trees, grapevines and healthy soil
- Water rill crossing the land
- Vegetable garden with about 800 m2, in a flat area, with a spring and very high-quality soil
- Small plot with 200 m2 bordering a stream
- Castelo de Bode Lake and Matagosa river beach – 2 kms
- Penedo Furado river beach – 2 kms
- Carvalhal village (for supermarkets, cafés, petrol station, restaurants, cashpoint, etc.) – 10 min
- Sardoal (main town in the municipality, for all amenities and local services) – 10 min
- N2 road – 5 min
- Abrantes (A23 North Abrantes junction) – 20 min
- Lisbon – 1 ½ hours
- Coimbra – 1 h 10 min
A great opportunity not to be missed!