Beautiful stone country cottage in village setting, whitewashed and with yellow ochre bands around windows and door, in the traditional style of the region. A great opportunity to fulfil your dream of living in the countryside in the privacy given by the 3,500 m2 of land while being close to all amenities in the village of Mouriscas.
- 3,500 m2 of fertile and flat land, ideal for a vegetable/flower garden, with a well and close to fifty mature trees (olive and orange trees)
- Mains water, sewage ans and electricity nearby
- Ground-floor cottage with 100 m2
- Three entrance doors
- Four windows
- Kitchen with fireplace and built-in cabinets, with entrance through a back door or the corridor
- Three bedrooms
- A corridor
- A living room with entrance through the corridor or an exit door to the outside
- Stone exterior walls in very good condition and perfect for good thermal and acoustic insulation
- The wattle and daub partition walls cannot be saved but since they are not supporting walls, they can be removed and the interior space reorganised
- Renovation of the interior and reroofing necessary
- Cottage, annexes and outbuildings date back to the 1940s
Annexes and outbuildings
- Annexe with 16 m2 once used as a stable/barn
- An outbuilding at the rear of the cottage with 30 m2 and divided up into three separate rooms. One of the rooms has a stone bread oven.
- The property is a 10 minute-walk from two cafés
- 1 ½ kms from the centre of the village
- Amenities in village of Mouriscas: pharmacy, post office, stationery shop, patisserie and cafés, farmer’s shop, GP surgery, restaurants and grocery shops
- Excellent access to the N2, the N3 and the A23 as well as to the bridge over the Tagus river
- There is a train station in the village of Mouriscas.
- Alferrarede and Abrantes (for hypermarkets, train stations, hospital) – 15 minutes
- River beaches (Lapa, Ortiga, Alvega, Abrantes, Gavião) – 10 to 15 minutes
- Lisbon- 1 1/2 hours
- Ocean beaches (Nazaré’s the nearest) – 1 ¼ hours
- Spain – 1 hour
Viewing highly recommended!