A fantastic opportunity to acquire an old traditional village cottage, built in 1920, in central Portugal, in beautiful country surroundings dotted with olive trees, vineyards and vegetable gardens. Along the local Santa Clara river, less than ½ mile away, is the Rosa Mana river beach. Located in the peaceful Portuguese countryside yet so close to all amenities in Sardoal and the town of Abrantes. A must see!
This seemingly small house has, in fact, 140 m2 footprint (the original house plus an extension) and various outbuildings with125 m2 footprint, once used for farming purposes. The total area of all buildings offer great potential for renovation.
- Sitting room – 20 m2
- Kitchen (with large fireplace) – 14 m2
- Bedroom 1 – 6 m2
- Bedroom 2 – 6 m2
- Stable – 20 m2
- Bedroom 3 – 7 m2
- Bedroom 4 – 7 m2
- Bedroom 5 – 13 m2
- Bathroom – 5 m2
- Attic – access is through bedroom 5 and an exterior door, can be used for storage and has an area of 50 m2.
- Plot of very fertile soil with 1,120 m2
- Cellar made with breeze blocks (with a terrace) – 20 m2
- Shed with bread oven – 20 m2
- Pigsty – 10 m2
- Covered area with chicken coop and storerooms – 75 m2
- Water well dug in the rock and water tank with 10 m3 capacity
- 10 olive trees and some fruit trees.
- Café, pharmacy and weekly farmers’ market only 5 minutes from the property
- Sardoal (via the N2 road) – 12 minutes
- Abrantes (via the A23 road) – 20 minutes
- Lisbon – 1 ½ hours
- The coast – 1 ½ hours
- River beaches – along theTagus and the Zêzere rivers and local streams, between just a few minutes to ½ hour away
An opportunity not to be missed!