GoRustico is very proud to market this 2-storey country house with a very large mature garden, a fantastic example of modern architecture, with many unusual and unique features as well as spacious interiors thoughtfully designed with comfort, style and functionality in mind. The house’s large wrap-around balcony, surrounded by the lush greenery of its mature gardens, is where one can contemplate the beauty of this property’s most perfect of settings – and what a beautiful view it is! Sobriety and elegance, simplicity and functionality, all mingled together as a whole in a design concept using innovative construction materials for the time. A must see!
- The total footprint is 190 m2, with 146 m2 living area on the ground floor and 146 m2 on the first floor plus the balconies
- All rooms are airy and have windows for plenty of natural light
- South facing property
- Electric radiators in almost every room
- Entry to the property is through a gate on the main road of the village and along a path to the front door of the house and / or a small gate by the house
- Sold furnished
- Stairway to the hallway
- Living room
- Double bedroom with fitted wardrobe
- Utility room (washing machine and electric hot water boiler)
- Two large garages with separate entrances and access to the inside of the house
- Storeroom and cellar
- Stairway to an entrance hall
- Large living room with fireplace and fitted shelves as well as access the dining room and balcony
- Dining room with access to the living room, balcony and kitchen
- Fully fitted kitchen
- Bedroom 1 with fitted wardrobes
- Bedroom 2
- Ensuite bedroom with fitted wardrobe
- Huge wrap-around balcony facing south, north and west, with the broadest part facing west. The north-facing part gives access to the kitchen.
Large open plan loft ideal for storage but not suitable for a loft conversion due to the low ceiling
- Peaceful, spacious and secluded garden with 6500 m2, ideal for nature lovers and keen gardeners who also wish to keep animals. Fertile soil and water sources abound
- Tank near the gate
- Wooden pergola with sheds covering an area of 50 m2. Ideal for storage or animals
- Small raised water tank with 2 m3 capacity
- Large raised water tank with 60 m3 capacity and storage space underneath
- Large outdoor aviary with bird house in masonry and a cage with about 30 m2
- Large plot ideal for crops or large animals such as horses
- Terraces and flower beds surrounding the house
- Old and very large stone pines
- A row of quince trees over 50 meters long
- More than twenty orange trees
- Olive trees
- Dozens of other ornamental and fruit trees
- Sceptic tank
- The whole property is fenced.
This property is situated in a small village with two cafés but less than 5 minutes from Sardoal which offers all the expected services and amenities of a small town: banks, restaurants, cafés, bars, supermarkets, a cinema, a theatre, a tax office, health centres, a GP surgery and schools.
It is also a mere 10 minute-drive from the town of Abrantes offering more shopping facilities, a hospital and schools ( primary and secondary schools, and further education colleges)
Lapa river beach, less than a km away, is a beautiful and cool place in the summer where to go for a swim or to enjoy nature. Other river beaches like Penedo Furado, Castelo de Bode or the beaches along Tagus river are between 15 and 30 minutes away.
- Sardoal – 5 minutes
- Abrantes – 15 minutes
- Lisbon – 1 ½ hours
- The coast – 1 ½ hours
- Castelo Branco – 50 minutes
- Coimbra – 1 ¼ hours
Viewing highly recommended!