A great opportunity to acquire a large farm in stunning location, with 51,560 m2 of fertile land, with diverse relief features offering a large range of farming options to prospective buyers, a house and several outbuildings for reconstruction or renovation. This enchanting property, crossed by the São Simão brook, spreads over two opposing slopes on each side. A must see!
- An East/West facing sunny slope with 3,5 hectares ideal for a vineyard, an olive grove or to grow Mediterranean strawberry trees, with a stone cottage for renovation but now in ruins with a total footprint of 98 m2. Stunning wide views of the village of Sentieiras nearby.
- The cottage once had 3 rooms, a kitchen and a patio, an outbuilding with a bathroom, two storerooms and a traditional bread oven, a huge threshing floor with 120 m2 and a stone barn with 30 m2 footprint.
- A windmill in ruins on the ridge of the hill
- Although the river is partly overgrown with reeds which traditionally have always been used in local farming, much of the native riverside trees typically found in riparian corridors have been preserved, namely poplars, willows and alder trees. The property has a riverfront with 225 metres.
- An olive grove with 3,400 m2 and about 80 Cordovil olive trees in full production
- 13,000 m2 of terraced land with excellent soil and conditions for a vegetable garden
- Excellent water sources available – the river/stream and 3 wells – and a tank for water storage
- A barn with 10 m2, an animal shelter and a shed with 12 m2 and 35 m2 respectively
- Another stone building with 60 m2 footprint, once used for habitation but now described in the deeds as “rural building”. Its registration may be changed back to habitation after renovation work.
- A shed made of breeze blocks to store farming tools and equipment
- Many fruit trees including orange and loquat trees, olive trees, grapevines, stone pines, cork oaks and holm oaks
- Close to Sardoal and Abrantes
- Close to the EN2, the EN 358 and the A23 roads for quick access to Lisbon, the coast, Spain and the Estrela mountains.
- Close to a village yet offering complete privacy
- 2 minutes from cafés, a small supermarket and a playing field in the village centre
- A 5-minute drive to Sardoal (schools, supermarkets, bars, restaurants, banks, a tax office, the town hall, health centres, a cinema, a theatre)
- The large town of Abrantes is 15 minutes away and offers all services and amenities (e.g. primary and secondary schools, further education colleges, hypermarkets, local hospital)
- Tomar- 25 minutes
- Lisbon- 1 ½ hours
- Lisboa – 1 ½ hours
- The coast – 1 ½ hours
- River beaches – Castelo de Bode lake (the Zêzere river) and its river beaches are about 15 minutes away, sought after by water sports and angling enthusiasts alike. The river beaches along the Tagus banks as well as those of other local rivers are also very popular.
Viewing highly recommended!