Stunning 2 storey cottage in idyllic location only a few minutes from Penedo Furado, one of the best known and most enchanting river beaches in central Portugal, with fabulous views of the surrounding hills and their lush vegetation and a terraced garden with many mature olive and fruit trees. Excellent road access and only 10 minutes from all basic services and amenities in the village of Carvalhal.
- Stone cottage with 140 m2 of habitable space over 2 floors
- A garage with a barbecue area and 40 m2
- A total covered area of 210 m2
- Paved area with 102, 55 m2
- Large trellised terrace with balustrade and wide views of the surrounding hills
- Balcony at ground level with gate to main road
- Separate small storeroom connected to the house with access from the cellar and from the outside
- Floor tiles throughout
- New single-glazed aluminium doors
- New double-glazed windows with shutters and mosquito nets
- Traditional Portuguese roof with Canudo clay tiles
- Walls painted white throughout the whole house
- Timber interior doors
- Mains water and electricity
- Back door entrance to a kitchen with sink, fitted cupboard, extractor fan and cooker point
- Large living room with a window and stable door to balcony
- Corridor with fitted wardrobes and stairwell to the first floor
- Bathroom with sink, bath, toilet and bidet
- Small sitting room/bedroom with exterior stable door
- Bedroom with exterior stable door
- Steps from ground floor leading to landing
- Access from landing to a large living room, another bedroom and to a large storeroom which could be converted into more living space
- The large storeroom has two levels with a cellar on one level and steps to the lower level.
- 1 large kitchen with fireplace and pantry
- 1 bathroom with sink, toilet, bidet but no bath or shower
- Exit door to the terrace with fabulous wide views over the hills
- 5 water springs
- Terraced garden with concrete walkway winding up to the top terrace where fabulous views can be enjoyed from a small belvedere
- Many mature fruit trees such as kumquat, orange and lemon trees, Mediterranean strawberry trees, 2 laurel trees
- Many rosemary shrubs
- Olive grove with 38 olive trees in total and linked to a vineyard
- Many rose bushes
- From a tank fed by 3 of the 5 springs, water is pumped to the back garden for irrigation
- Close to all amenities in the village of Carvalhal: a restaurant, a café, a small supermarket, a pharmacy, a cashpoint and a bus service to Sardoal and Abrantes
- The large town of Abrantes is 25 minutes away and offers all services and amenities: primary and secondary schools, further education colleges, hypermarkets, local hospital.
- 25 minutes from Alferrarede train station
- 15 minutes from the small town of Sardoal for all amenities: schools, supermarkets, bars, restaurants, banks, a tax office, a town hall, health centres, a cinema, a theatre
- Lisboa – 1 ¾ hours
- Castelo Branco – 1 hour
- Tomar-40 minutes
- Coimbra- 1 1/4 hours
- Oporto-2 ¼ hours
Penedo Furado River Beach
Enchanting river beach off the beaten track with timber walkway meandering between rocky crags, along the river bank, and ending in beautiful waterfalls. You can bathe safely in any of the beautiful pools of crystal-clear water and sunbathe on the sandy river banks surrounded by lush vegetation and the gurgling sound of flowing water. A true paradise on Earth!
Penedo Furado has shower and toilet facilities as well as a café which only opens in the summer months.
Please click on the link below for more information on this beach
This is a property NOT to be missed!