A unique opportunity to acquire a beautiful plot of land by the river Arecez, near Sardoal and Abrantes, with a total area of nearly 10,000 m2 comprising several terraces in slopes SE/ NW and S / N facing, offering a combination of optimal sun exposure and excellent soil for growing vegetables and trees in breath-taking and unspoilt natural surroundings.
This property has the following features:
- A river front with more than 50 metres
- Surrounded by mainly native forest with many ancient trees and high biodiversity
- Well-preserved weirs on the Arecez and water canals along the river banks
- Terraces suitable for farming but which have long laid fallow with a charming blend of native vegetation, holm oaks, cork oaks and other oaks, with olive trees and fruit trees.
- As well as an abundance of water supplied by the river, there are deep water mines/springs with pure drinking water and at least two with tanks to be used for crop irrigation
Distances to all amenities and main routes:
- Access to the property from the N3 by two dirt roads in good condition
- 8-minute drive to the N3 and the nearest café
- 5-minute drive to the nearest house
- 20 minutes to the city of Abrantes
- 15 minutes to the Mouriscas node of the A23
- 12 minutes to the centre of the village of Mouriscas
Close to civilization yet secluded in beautiful and untouched natural surroundings, only a short drive from all local amenities, in an area of native forest with no eucalyptus or pine, this is a unique property not to be missed.
Viewing highly recommended.