This enchanting stately Manor House, situated in Alcains in the Castelo Branco district in central Portugal,
was built in 1921 by the son of the Count of Idanha-a-Nova. It has been totally renovated in 1998/1999.
All original features have been preserved; so with all the character and charm of a traditional period property
yet adapted to the requirements of modern living and even licenced for Rural Tourism.
The property is situated on 75500 m2 land, and is totally walled by a granite wall with in total four entrance gates.
Two of them decorated, giving it a stately look.
The Manor House consists of 3 floors. In total: 1006m2.
- 3 livings
- 1 bedroom with bathroom (deficiency)
- 2 toilets
- boiler room
First floor (387m2):
- Veranda with beautiful view over the countryside
- 6 bedrooms with bathroom (one of them is a suite)
Second floor (149m2):
- 2 bedrooms with bathroom
- an office
- two storerooms
Until the end of 2013 the Estate Home was exploited as a Rural Tourism, after that it has been closed. It will need a bit of renovation work.
Besides the Manor House the land has the following to offer:
- 3 outbuildings in use as storeroom or animal keeping,in total 1150m2
- a traditional granite house (2 floors) to be renovated, it has a total living area of 100m2
- garden with palm trees and an olive yard with about 100 olive trees
- 3 wells
- a bore-hole
- close to railway station in Alcains, Castelo Branco
- 1 km to village facilities
- 2 km from exit highway A23
- 10 km from city of Castelo Branco
- 235km from Lisbon
- 380 km from Madrid