Situated on the edge of a quite village, this property has the following features:
· Two semi-detached stone cottages in the vernacular style of the region, with yellow ochre bands around windows and doors, and a total footprint of 129,8 m2 (58.78 m2 + 71.02 m2)
· The largest cottage has 2 bedrooms,1 living-room and a kitchen with an old fireplace. This house has no roof.
· The smallest cottage has 2 small bedrooms, 1 living-room and a kitchen
· Plot of land suitable for farming with 10,720 m2 over several terraces
· The property needs reroofing but stone walls are in excellent condition
· Stone garden walls
· Large tank to store water for irrigation
· Mains electricity on the property but has to be reconnected
· Water supply is from a natural spring
· Several fruit trees: 5 tangerine and orange trees, 3 pomegranate trees, 1 loquat tree/Japanese meddlar, 60 olive trees, 2 apple trees, 1 peach tree, some stone pine trees.
· Very private location with no neighbours nearby
· Beautiful country views and nice front garden area
The property is situated only 7 km from the town of Mação and 20 km from the historical and larger town of Abrantes for all local amenities: shops, banks, restaurants, cafés, hospitals and doctor surgeries, supermarkets. Lisbon airport is only 1 h 44 minutes away!
The lifeguarded Ortiga river beach is only a few minutes away and has a campsite and a floating swimming pool. However, there are many streams and rivers in the region where to swim, even the river beach of Abrantes and the Belver Dam.
There are also many archeological sites in the region (tdolmens) and interesting geological aspects to the landscape.
The property also has access to a stream and an ancient fountain.
This property would consitute a sound investiment as a holiday home or a holiday let for rural tourism due to its favorable location, or as a permanent residence.
Viewing highly recommended!