The property has a total area of 784 m2 and comprises the following:
· - A ground-floor cottage with a footprint of 141m2
· - A brick shed/outbuilding with 44 m2 divided up into two separate rooms
· - A very large courtyard with 97 m2 and enough space to build a small swimming-pool
.- A car port with 24 m2 in the inner courtyard
All the above are enclosed and surrounded by a fairly high wall hence the space is completely private inside and hidden from view. Outside the enclosure there is a large vegetable garden with some fruit trees and grape vines.
The cottage, originally built in stone, was renovated in 2015. An architectural project was then approved prior to the renovation work so house plans are available on request.
The property is in good decorative order but the cement-based plaster may have to be removed in places and replaced with a more compatible lime-based render. Alternatively, the stone could be left exposed and the walls repointed.
The cottage is very spacious and has the following features:
· Three large double bedrooms
· Two bathrooms with shower cabin, bidet, sink and toilet
· One of the bathrooms is ensuite
· A very large kitchen diner with fitted wooden cupboards
· All rooms have tiled floors (except the ensuite bathroom which has laminate flooring), plastered ceilings and walls
· The roof has a cement structure and traditional Portuguese clay tiles.
· Two septic tanks that do not need emptying, with an in-built recycling sewage system.
· Mains electricity and mains water
· Rooms are arranged along a long corridor linking the large kitchen and the ensuite bedroom.
Access is excelent and by a tarmacked road.
There are no immmediate neighbours to the property which makes it ideal for those who wish to have complete privacy yet be close to all amenities.
The closest small town of Pedrógão Grande has an excelent farmer’s market, banks, restaurants, cafés, small supermarkets, green grocers, a college, schools, a cinema and many other local services.
A wonderful property in an ideal location at a very attractive price.
Opportunity not to be missed!
DISTANCES TO MAIN CITIES AND TOWNS
Pedrogao Grande – 9 min
Serta- 26 min
Castelo Branco- 1 hour
Proença-à-Nova- 30 min
Lisbon- 2 hours
Coimbra- 44 min
Porto- 1 hr 48 min
Abrantes- 1 hr 2 min
Pombal -45 min