Conveniently located close to Pedrogão Grande in the district of Leiria, this property presents the following features:
-Detached stone cottage in the Beiras region vernacular style, with a total footprint of 300 m2, set on a plot of land with 486 m2 and completely enclosed by stone garden walls in excellent condition. There is an adjacent plot of fertile land suitable for a vegetable garden with an area of 700 m2, hence the total area of the property is 1186 m2. The plot with 700 m2 has several fruit trees: 1 heritage apple tree, several grapevines. a persimmon and a pomegranate tree.
-Access to the enclosed part of the property is through large double iron gates (wide enough for a medium-sized van!) which once closed make the property completely private and hidden from view, perfect for any kind of outdoor use of the space: a swimming pool, BBQ, pets and a safe play area for children.
-The living area of the cottage is on the first floor and the entrance can be accessed from the covered porch or veranda at the top of the stairs leading up from the enclosed patio area.
-The dwelling has two sitting-rooms, 4 bedrooms and another covered veranda which gives access to the kitchen (with a fireplace) and adjacent dining-room with pantry, and to the bathroom (with bath, sink and toilet). This veranda could be easily turned into a conservatory with sliding windows along a complete side – left open in the summer months and closed in the winter.
-On the ground-floor under the dwelling there are seven storerooms which could be converted into even more living space.
- In the enclosed patio area there is an outdoor kitchen with an old fireplace to smoke meats and sausages, a storeroom and a large car port with tiled roof.
-The roof has a structure of chestnut wood in good condition but may need retiling.
-Mains electricity on the property connected and a new fuse box installed recently
- Water supply from two sources: mains water and/or a well which never dries out
- Very private location not overlooked by neighbours
- Beautiful country views all around and only a couple of miles away from two river dams, ideal locations for fishing and water sports.
- Less than 10 minute walk from local amenities: three coffee shops (one has a general store), a cashpoint, primary school, GP surgery, local park with fitness training equipment and a picnic area. At the weekend the butcher’s opens and there is a fruit and vegetable market. The hairdresser’s also opens twice a week. The local parish council has its headquarters in the village and opens on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
-The two nearest main towns, Figueiró dos Vinhos and Pedrógão Grande, also have supermarkets, pharmacies, GP surgeries, private clinics, a bus station, post office, bars, cafés and primary and secondary schools. In fact, everything you need can be found locally within four miles of the property and access roads are excellent with very low traffic.
- The IC8 road is only 3 miles away from the property for quick access to many local towns, cities and interesting landmarks:
* 30 minutes to Coimbra and Tomar
* 1 hour to Castelo Branco, Leiria, the Silver Coast and its beaches
* 2 hours from Oporto and Lisbon airports
* 4 hours from the Algarve
This property would constitute a sound investment as permanent residence, a holiday home or a holiday let for rural tourism due to its favourable location.
An absolute must see at an excellent price!